To see the entire post Salmon Redemption, click here.
Quick Marinated Grilled Salmon
Servings 4 servings
- 2 pieces salmon preferably wild caught Alaskan
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper or lemon juice and/or zest and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic ground, minced or fresh
- sea salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Mix the last 5 ingredients in a bowl or pan. Place salmon in marinade for 20 minutes—cover both sides and turn occasionally.
- Prepare grill–moderate heat. For easier clean up put a little cooking oil on a paper towel and oil the grate. This can also be prepared in an oven—350-375 degrees –with a raised grill insert in an oven-safe pan. Put some foil or parchment paper in the bottom of the pan for easier cleanup. Both can be reused several times.
- Grill the fish skin-side up for 6 minutes the turn fish and grill skin-side down. Pour marinade over the fish for extra flavor. Grill another 6 minutes or so, depending on thickness of fish.
- Top with freshly chopped parsley. Serve with any sides you like. Particularly good with mixed grilled vegetables and any kind of rice.
Note: An excellent variation is to add freshly grated or even ground ginger to the marinade.