Toasted Orzo with Lemon
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 ounces orzo (2 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest grated
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add orzo; cook, stirring, until golden, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add 4 cups water and lemon zest; season with salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cover, and simmer until orzo is al dente and liquid is absorbed, 10 to 15 minutes (if orzo is cooked but liquid remains, cook uncovered to evaporate).
- Remove from heat. Stir in parsley, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and lemon juice.