Toasted Coconut-Banana Bread
- 1 3/4 C all-purpose flour
- 1/2 C sugar
- 2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/4 t salt
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 C mashed ripe banana 2 to 3 medium bananas
- 1/3 C cooking oil I melted coconut oil and used that
- 2 T milk
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 1/2 C flaked coconut toasted
- 1/2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Grease a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan; set aside. I used a silicone bread pan and did not grease.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the center. In a medium mixing bowl combine beaten eggs, mashed bananas, oil, milk, and vanilla; mix well. Add egg mixture to flour mixture; stir just till combined. (The batter should be lumpy.) Fold in toasted coconut.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or till a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool thoroughly on a wire rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing.
To see the original post about Bananas and Boats, click here. Source: Food.com with modifications (coconut oil and chocolate chips)