To read the full post on Sweet and Garlicky Baked Squash, click here.
Sweet and Garlicky Baked Squash
Servings 2 people
- 1 whole winter squash halved
- 1 t garlic minced
- 1 t ginger minced or dried
- 2 T brown sugar
- 2 T butter
- 1 T honey
- 1 T fresh Italian parsley chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- additional parsley for garnish – coarsely chopped
- Set oven to 350 degrees F. Halve squash lengthwise from stem and scoop out seeds. Carefully pierce flesh of squash with a fork, skewer or knife; do not puncture skin. Slice a small piece off bottom to allow squash to sit without rolling or tipping.
- Divide remaining ingredients and place in scooped out centers of squash.
- Place squash on lipped baking sheet or shallow cake pan. Place in oven for 60 minutes.
- Garnish with remaining parsley. Serve hot.
Note: you can use Acorn, Butternut, Buttercup, Hubbard, etc. Source: Paul Laubignat and Laura Anderson Here’s Paul and Laura’s stovetop version. Note the slightly different ingredients: Peel and cut butternut squash into triangles. Cook squash in boiling salted water for ten minutes or until tender. Do not overcook. Drain cooking water, add butter, garlic, fresh minced ginger, honey, salt and pepper. Just before serving, shake and swirl pan to toss the squash with parsley.