Broccoli transformed! You’ll never want to eat steamed broccoli again. Recipe based on recipe from Rosewood Mansion On Turtle Creek in Dallas, Texas.
Servings 2 servings
- 3 tbs water
- 3 stalks Fresh broccoli stalks and flowers cut and sliced into bite sized pieces
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp Hot pepper flakes more or less to taste
- 2 tbs butter unsalted
- 3 cloves garlic sliced into spears
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup Parmesan reggiano cheese grated
- Place cut and sliced broccoli in large saute pan with water. Cover and steam several minutes until broccoli starts to become bright green. Pour out any excess water and set lid aside.
- Add olive oil and pepper flakes to hot pan, toss broccoli pieces to coat. Saute broccoli until it flowers and cut surfaces begin to caramelize.
- Move broccoli to one side of pan; melt butter in open area, then add garlic slivers. Saute until garlic becomes fragrant. Salt and pepper to taste and stir to mix garlic, pepper flakes and broccoli. Remove from heat when garlic begins to brown but keep warm until ready to serve.
- Top broccoli with grated Parmesan cheese to melt. Can add cheese in pan, but recommend removing broccoli to serving dish, then add cheese for easier clean up.